Friday, September 7, 2007

My new flat

I have moved from Bad Godesberg to Bonn Poppelsdorf:

When describing the period during which Bonn was the capitol of West Germany, people often call Bonn a "sleepy university town."

If that's still true, then Bonn Popplesdorf is the sleepy university town within the sleepy university town. It is quiet, beautiful and filled with young people and bikes.

I found my place on the webstie WG-Gesucht, which seems to me like a more design-heavy, localized Craig's List. (Needless to say I don't understand most of the German writing on the website).

The room I am renting belongs to a University of Bonn graduate student who is doing a 3-month fellowship in La Jolla, California. He studies molecular biology and has a lot of big textbooks in his bedroom.

I have three other roommates - they are all blonde German grad students. They all speak English, are very nice, and one is even a part-time journalist!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohh new flat looks majestic and regal!

jeanetteevans said...

The majestic and regal flat is just right for a princess like Sacha. :-)

Custom Search